|Fig 1 SWOT Analysis|
In business, we use SWOT analysis to to identify the strength and weakness of any organization and the opportunities and threat it is facing. Just like that for single person the strength of an individual say what are you good at, the weakness say what is minus point and where the improvement is required. If person start know where he is not good, he understand that someones help can be taken.
Taken together, you strengths and opportunities help you to identity potential long term career goals. Your weakness and threats you face are the things which you need to manage, mitigate or planned to ensure the goals remain achievable. Management Gurus use four Quadrant to write the question and answers show in Fig 1.
Do not limit your self up to work skills, think of all the experience you have had, opportunities you have ad to grow, which may include your education, aptitude, personality factors, interests. Answers the following type of questions.
- What are you really good at ?
- What skills do other people recognize in you ?
- What do you do better than most people you work with ?
- What do you get recognized or rewarded for ?
- What, about yourself, are you most proud of or satisfied with.
- What experiences, resources, or connections do you have access to that other's don't have.
- What do you try to do that you are masters of it.
- What do you do just the sake of doing or just to fill the job requirements.
- Are there any personality aspects which hold you back by going forward.
- Where are you vulnerable.
- Where do you lack of experience, resources or connections where other go more.
- In what ways you can maximize your strengths
- What are the opportunities open to those who do things well.
- What would you love to do that you are good at ?
- How can you minimize your weakness.
- If you weaknesses did not hold you, what could you be.
- Where do you see the most potential growth for your self, Within your company, in different company, in same industry, different industry or a different career altogether.
- Do you have a weakness that need to be addressed before you go ahead.
- What problem your weakness cause if remain unchecked.
- What set backs may I face.